Friday, May 29, 2020

California Chicken Bacon Ranch quiche

My husband said he wants more eggs for breakfast. I've been pretty lazy during the last few months not wanting to get up a few minutes early to cook a hot breakfast. Most often will have a smoothie or just some coast of peanut butter or avocado. But a few months eggs then I think this crustless quiche bacon cast iron skillet on Sunday is just the ticket. I'll have a nice hot breakfast today and more slices to reheat during the week for a quick and hearty breakfast.
I came up with this California chicken bacon ranch quiche named after my favorite pizza because I had leftover chicken in the frig and a bag of bacon bits. So I started by caramelizing some white onions in a cast iron skillet with a dab of olive oil. I left the onions get nice and brown with little crispy bits. Then I added some chopped red pepper, a can of diced green chiles, some chopped up leftover chicken, and sliced green onions. Next, I seasoned it with ranch dressing mix and a little of my all purpose Chicken Fixin's seasoning.
I scrambled the six eggs with 2 cups of milk and a couple of tablespoons of flour, added some salt and pepper, and poured that all over the chicken bacon mixture. I topped it with about a cup of shredded cheddar cheese and put it in a preheated 350-degree oven. I set the timer for 45 minutes and let it bake. When the timer went off, I checked it and the eggs looked set, so I pulled it out and let it cool for about 10 minutes before slicing into it. It came out nice and firm and yummy! I topped it with some sour cream and salsa and we had a feast for breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment